For ease of access, I have included only those journal articles, book chapters, policy briefs, and digital publications with active URL links.
- Forthcoming, “Islamic State’s Archive of the Digital Infinite: Imagined Museums, New Media, and Conflict Capitalism.” Minority Narratives in Middle Eastern Museums (Forthcoming).
- “Evil™: Islamic State, Conflict Capitalism, and the Geopolitical Uncanny.” Critical Studies on Security (2018).
- “Genealogies of ‘orthodox’ Islam: the Moroccan Gnawa religious brotherhood, Blackness, and the figure of Bilal ibn Rabah.” Practicing Sufism: Sufi politics and performance in Africa (2017).
- “Revolutionary Nuns, or Totalitarian Pawns: Women’s Rights and Libyan State Feminism in the Wake of Mu’ammar al-Gaddafi.” Women’s Movements in Post-‘Arab Spring’ North Africa (2016).
- “Think Again, Turn Away…From Lousy Public Diplomacy.” Middle East Research and Information Project (MERIP) (2015).
- “ISIS Fan-Boys as Force Multipliers.” In Media Res (2015).
- “A Street Called Muhammad Mahmoud.” The Cairo Review of Global Affairs (2014).
- “Warding off Terrorism and Revolution: Moroccan religious pluralism, national identity and the politics of visual culture.” Journal of North African Studies (2012).
- “Art Historiography and the War on Terror: Foregrounding the Symbolic in Debates on Religious Extremism.” Young Minds Rethinking the Mediterranean (2011).
- “The Death of Baghdadi: How ISIS used al-Qaeda’s Mistakes to Build a Caliphate.” Atlantic Council (2019).
- “Viewing Non-State Armed Groups from a Brand Marketing Perspective: A Case Study of the Islamic State.” United Nations University (UNU), Department for Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) & United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) (2018).
- “When Britain Revoked a Jihadi Bride’s Citizenship, They Fell for ISIS Propaganda.” The Conversationalist & Anti-Nihilism Institute (2019).
- “From ISIS to the Abortion Wars: America–We Need to Talk.” Hummus for Thought (2018).
- “Go Home, FEMEN. You’re Drunk.” Muftah (2013).
- “War Crimes in Afghanistan: Protective Anonymity and Lives that Matter.” Muftah (2013).
- “Hunger Strikes at Guantanamo Bay: the Orwellian Geometry of Asymmetric Warfare.” Muftah (2013).
- “Cultures of Violence: Woolwich, Jodi Arias and the Market Value of Atrocity.” Muftah (2013).
- “Death Pornography: Mass Media, Atrocities, and Burial Politics After Boston.” Muftah (2013).
- Co-written with Sara Salem, “Neoliberal Islamism: Egypt and the Effects of the IMF Loan.” Muftah (2012).
- “Freedom of Expression Under Threat in North Africa: An Open Letter from Ganzeer.” Muftah (2012).
- “After the Ceasefire, Ending the Siege: Gaza and the Spatial Logic of Resistance.” Aslan Media (2012).
- “The Conflict in the Gaza Strip: the Rhetoric of Hypocrisy and Illogic.” Muftah (2012).
- “Image, Space, and Power: Photography and Paradox in Algeria.” Aslan Media (2012).
- “Image Politics: The Surrealism of Black Flags and the Egyptian Riots.” Muftah (2012).
- “An Algerian Apocalypse for the Egyptian Elections?: Not Quite.” Muftah (2012).
- “Residents and Dissidents: Reflections on Libya from an outsider.” Kifah Libya (2012).