Below are selected media appearances (television, radio, and print/digital). For ease of access, I include only those with currently accessible URLs.
- Why ISIS Is Like The Greek Monster Hydra Al Jazeera Plus (2019).
- Inside Story: Is Riyadh’s claim that Jamal Khashoggi died in a fistfight credible? Al Jazeera (2018).
- The “brand” of ISIS: Militants use marketing techniques, CTV News Channel (2015).
- The “brand” of ISIS, CTV (2015).
AUDIO (Radio & Podcast Appearances)
- American Horrors: Regime Change in Iraq to the Rise of ISIS, INTERCEPTED (2019).
- Forty years on, Edward Said’s ‘Orientalism’ still groundbreaking, CBC Ideas (2019).
- Amanda Rogers talks about the impact of technology on how we view credibility and authenticity, CBC Canada (2019).
- Journalism’s Knife Fight: Fact vs. Truth, CBC Ideas (2019).
- ISIS’ PR Strategy, KBOO, 90.7 FM, Community Radio for Portland and Beyond (2015).
- Will Egypt Repeat Algeria’s Bloody History? BBC World Service: Newshour (2013).
PRINT & DIGITAL
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead, but ISIS will live on. Here’s how, The Independent (2019).
- Britain’s decision to revoke Shamima Begum’s citizenship is wrong and smacks of racism, Washington Post (2019).
- The unlikely godfather of the Islamic State, CNN (2016).
- ISIS claims suicide attack on Iraqi stadium that kills 33, CNN (2016).
- Marking Against ISIS: US State Department Enlists Students to Fight Terror, VICE (2016).
- Why don’t we care about anti-Muslim abuse? Al Jazeera (2015).
- Sen. Murphy: US Should Declare War on ISIS, NPR (2015).
- Teenage Jihad: Why did three American kids from the suburbs of Chicago try to run away to the Islamic state, and should the Feds treat them as terrorists? Rolling Stone (2015).
- Brand ISIS: The sophisticated marketing machine of the Islamic State, The Walrus (2015).
- The ISIL Franchise: From Syria to Pakistan and Libya, the armed Sunni group is spreading its brand of violence in the region, Al Jazeera (2015).
- Immodest Proposal: Stop Talking About ISIS, OZY (2015).
- Republican ISIL fearmongering amplifies extremists’ message, experts say, Al Jazeera America (2014).
- Saudi Arabia Vows to Aid Egypt’s Regime, The New York Times (2013).